Thursday, July 7, 2011

Newest Endeavor: Grad School !!!





This coming Fall I shall embark on a new adventure... to graduate school. I have successfully been accepted into CUNY - The City College of New York. I am enrolled in the School of Education to receive my M.S. in Educational Theatre.




Returning to school has been a long decision in the making. Pondering on what the next step in my life will be, had really taken a pull on me mentally. After much time of thinking, praying, and stressing, I am now satisfied with my decision to go back to school. I am also grateful for the opportunity to get accepted into the program that I really set my heart on.

I haven't been a student in sooooooooo long, and I am ready to face the challenges. I'm actually looking forward to dive into that mentality of a student and it's duties; the studying, the in-class discussions, the papers to write, the reading (OK, not so much the reading, unless they're plays which I would never mind.) Also, knowing alone that I will be studying in a subject that will only better my career is oh-so-exciting. With a positive frame of mind, I know I will not only succeed but prevail.



My biggest concern in going back to school is multi-tasking everything else in my life. I still plan booking gigs as an Artist, developing my craft, improving creatively as a Teaching Artist, individual growth, and personal exploration of my stamp as a Latina in NYC.


(Wow, this does seem like a lot on one plate...doesn't it?)


However, if the past few years of juggling work, performing, family, a social life, and "me time" has taught me anything, it is this: Time Management! I have a tendency of letting my anxiety get the best of me, and letting my stress consume the best part of me. But, with God's grace, I know He will help me get by and give me the patience and sound mind I will need to achieve my goals.


And Mom: I will try to not call you in the middle of the night at 2am, crying, during finals week or during hell week of a show. (Yes, this happened every semester during undergrad, lol.)






No comments:

Post a Comment